Kwanzaa Principles and Symbols
Beside seven days, Kwanzaa has seven principles and seven symbols. Each of the seven principles are celebrated for one day.
The principles are:
3. Collective Work and Responsibility
4. Cooperative Economics
The seven symbols are:
1. Fruits for our good works
2. A mat for the foundation of traditions we stand on
3. Seven candles: three red, three green, and one black, each representing a Kwanzaa principle
4. A candle holder that represents Africa
5. A single cup to drink from for unity
6. Ears of corn for each child in the family
7. Gifts to reward others
7 Signs You Need A Date NightYou can never be too busy for love. Has it been forever since you and your spouse...
How to Protect Your Marriage From a Mid-Life CrisisMaking decisions at a mid-life point can prove to be difficult. Instead of forging...
8 Ways to Know If He’s Just Shy or Just Not Interested...You like him but he still isn’t making moves. Here are eight ways to know if...
5 Things Men Find More Important Than LooksMen seem to get a stereotypical short end of the stick when it comes to women...
Kwanzaa in Our Community