page Kwanzaa Principles and Symbols
Beside seven days, Kwanzaa has seven principles and seven symbols. Each of the seven principles are celebrated for one day.
The principles are:
3. Collective Work and Responsibility
4. Cooperative Economics
The seven symbols are:
1. Fruits for our good works
2. A mat for the foundation of traditions we stand on
3. Seven candles: three red, three green, and one black, each representing a Kwanzaa principle
4. A candle holder that represents Africa
5. A single cup to drink from for unity
6. Ears of corn for each child in the family
7. Gifts to reward others
11 Ways to Celebrate Valentine's Day Without Going...You don't have to go into debt on Valentine's Day; you and your sweetie, or...
10 Ways to Resist Sex Outside of MarriageHere are 10 ways Christians can avoid sexual temptation outside of marriage...
10 Things to Consider When Dating According to Your...Before you blow off your parents' dating advice, listen and think about the...
5 Romantic Date Night DinnersDate night doesn't always have to be fancy or over the top - keep it simple...
Kwanzaa in Our Community