Kwanzaa Principles and Symbols
Beside seven days, Kwanzaa has seven principles and seven symbols. Each of the seven principles are celebrated for one day.
The principles are:
3. Collective Work and Responsibility
4. Cooperative Economics
The seven symbols are:
1. Fruits for our good works
2. A mat for the foundation of traditions we stand on
3. Seven candles: three red, three green, and one black, each representing a Kwanzaa principle
4. A candle holder that represents Africa
5. A single cup to drink from for unity
6. Ears of corn for each child in the family
7. Gifts to reward others
The Lies of Valentine’s DayIt’s the holiday filled with cheap chocolates, corny saying, and over priced...
5 Reasons Not to Stress Out Over Valentine’s DayA beautiful day of love and romance can pack on the stress. Instead of focusing...
New Year's Resolutions for YoungstersIt's never too early to teach self improvement and self worth. Here are five...
America’s Cheapest Family Share Top Money Saving...In this video, Steve and Annette Economides, authors of the book “America’s...
Kwanzaa in Our Community