Healthy Boundaries: Tips for Families
Some Final Tips
- Find a balance between closeness and distance with each member of the family.
- Respect each other’s needs for independence, but also be available for help and support.
- In addition to time together, allow and encourage kids to spend time by themselves.
- Keep certain topics and decisions separate from the children or grandparents.
- Stay connected to outside family members and friends.
- Take time for "date nights," childfree moments and conversations.