New film to highlight mystery of Elvis’ faith
Four different projects are attempting to release the first Hollywood biographical movie about Elvis Presley. Only one looks at his spirituality.
Billionaire producer Steve Bing’s project at Fox is based on the bestselling biography Last Train to Memphis, and “is expected to be a traditional biopic,” writes Miller. “The Identical has a faith-based bent and centers on an Elvis impersonator; Fame & Fortune is adapted from a memoir by a Presley bodyguard; and a project financed by producer Michael Benaroya, Elvis & Nixon, centers on an encounter between the singer and the president.”
However, the legal issues related to any Presley film are enormous. “The singer — whose superstardom dovetailed with an abusive relationship with manager ‘Colonel’ Tom Parker, a rocky romance with wife Priscilla Presley and battles with drugs that contributed to his 1977 death from a heart attack at age 42 — would seem perfect fodder for the big screen. But a handful of key issues stand in the way, from the narrative challenges presented by Elvis’ complicated and at times dark personal story to working with
More from Beliefnet
- 6 Celebrities You Didn't Know Had a Sibling
- What Do These Flowers Mean? – Beliefnet
- Imágenes Impactantes: Seguro Aun No Has Visto Estas tomas Del Aterrizaje En La Luna Del Programa Apolo De 1969 A 1972
- 6 Unknown Facts about Fashion Mogul Ralph Lauren
- Este Abuelo Construyó Una Casa En El Árbol Para Sus Nietos De Tres Pisos. Descubre Cómo Lo Hizo ¡Impactante!