When God Winks at You
Every so-called coincidence or answered prayer is God’s way of letting you know He's thinking of you.
You’ve had another one of those days. Everything seems uncertain.
You think: Wouldn’t it be great to wake up one morning and have everything be certain? Certain in love? Certain about your job? Certain about your future?
Who could you talk to about this? Bigger question, who’d listen?
Tentatively your eyes drift skyward.
Hello? Are you there, God?
Then your mind quickly assesses the immensity of your request. You want God to listen to you, right now. How ridiculous. There are six billion people on this planet. What if they’re all calling God at the same time?
You slump. Deeper into the dumps.
A little silly thing.
Someone you just thought about for the first time in years phones out of the blue--a silly little coincidence, so silly you shrug it off. Or a prayer you didn’t really expect to be answered--was! Immediately, your left brain repeats something you once heard: There’s a mathematical explanation for everything.
“But…” you say, “mayyyyybe... it’s not just coincidence or chance!”
Maybe God is communicating with you.
Yes directly to you!
You shake your head.
Naw. Couldn’t be.
But…what if God is communicating with you--in a nonverbal way--making a little miracle happen, right in front of you? After all, God doesn’t speak to people in a human voice. He’s God…He’d do something no one else could do, just to show you it’s Him!
If so, that would mean that He is listening! Right?
He has heard you!
What if through this odd little coincidence, or answered prayer, He’s sending you--you… out of all of those billions of people--a direct personal message of reassurance? To stop worrying? To keep the faith? That everything will be all right?
Every time you receive what some call a coincidence or an answered prayer, it’s a direct and personal message of reassurance from God to you--what I call a godwink.
It’s similar to when you were a kid at the dining room table. You looked up and saw someone you loved looking back. Mom or Dad or Granddad. They gave you a little wink.
You had a nice feeling from that small silent communication.
What did it mean? Probably--“Hey kid…I’m thinking about you right this moment. I’m proud of you. Everything is going to be all right.”
That’s what a godwink is.
Every so-called coincidence or answered prayer is God’s way of giving you His small, silent, communication. A little wink saying, “Hey kid! I’m thinking of you…right now!”
It’s a clear message of reassurance-that not matter how uncertain your life seems at the moment, He will help move you toward certainty.
And it’s a sign that you’re never alone. In fact, you’re always on His GPS--a global positioning system I like to call God’s Positioning System…
When It's Crystal Clear
See SQuire Rushnell on GMA
Subscribe to Godwinks
Top God Wink Features
- How to Let Go of Past Loves
- 15 Hidden Health Secrets of Lemons
- 21 Simple Ways to Be Happy
- The Lord Is My Shepherd: The 23rd Psalm
- Prayers for Jobs and Money
- How to Attract Abundance
- 8 Irish Blessings - Irish Blessings for Luck
- 21 Ways to Overcome Disappointment
- Living the Serenity Prayer
- How to Practice Lectio Divina
- 10 Inspiring Quotes for a Depressed Heart
- Uplifting Quotes for Hard Times
- ¿Puede una madre sobrevivir el suicidio de un hijo?
- 15 Hidden Health Secrets of Lemons
- 21 Consejos para reavivar tu relacion con Cristo
- La puerta del INFIERNO: y 9 impresionantes lugares
- Preguntas de la Biblia
- The 12 Most Powerful Christians in Hollywood
- 6 razones para seguir luchando por tus sueños
- Milagro Bebé regresa a la vida
- 6 Lies the Devil Wants You to Believe
- Greatness in Action: Inspirational Faith Leaders of 2014
- What are American voters upset about now?
- Why is Obama worried about Iran's Pastor Saeed?
- Obedience Invites Miraculous Provision
- The Power of God's Names
- 7 Reasons The Lost Gospel Isn’t True
- 4 Reasons to Pray Out Loud
- What Does God Desire?
- 8 Ways to Replace Life Hurts with Hope