Easy Ways to Eat More Tomatoes
· Add sliced tomatoes to sandwiches—from tuna to turkey
· Chop tomatoes in salad (leave them at room temperature, if possible)
· Use marinara or tomato sauces (canned, cooked, or homemade) on pasta; this can be big calorie savings when you swap out creamy sauces for tomato-based sauces
· Drink tomato juice or vegetable juice with tomatoes
· Tomatoes for breakfast? Top scrambled eggs with coarsely chopped tomatoes or add them to a breakfast taco
· Eat tomatoes as a mid-afternoon snack (my father used to eat them like an apple—but you can use a knife and fork)
· Make a tomato sandwich—this is a sandwich that stars the tomato. The classic dressing for this sandwich is mayonnaise, but I know some people who like tomatoes and mustard
· Add canned or stewed tomatoes to soups and stews, like vegetable soup or beef stew
· Serve stewed tomatoes over a baked potato (also great on mashed potatoes)
· Make your own salsa with lots of fresh tomato—salsa is a great replacement for high-fat salad dressings as well as being tasty on meats, fish, and eggs
Don’t Allow Cocktails to Sabotage Your DietYou can’t understand why you can’t lose weight. You exercise, keep calories...
Need an Energy Infusion?We all need an energy boost. Talk with anyone and they will explain how tired...
6 Strategies to Save BIG on Organic EatingBefore you opt for the pre-made dinners and the other quick meal fixes, check...
What’s the Link Between Fame and Mental Illness?We all know the story: child star or teen sensation makes it big, earns a shed...