Easy Ways to Eat More Tomatoes
· Add sliced tomatoes to sandwiches—from tuna to turkey
· Chop tomatoes in salad (leave them at room temperature, if possible)
· Use marinara or tomato sauces (canned, cooked, or homemade) on pasta; this can be big calorie savings when you swap out creamy sauces for tomato-based sauces
· Drink tomato juice or vegetable juice with tomatoes
· Tomatoes for breakfast? Top scrambled eggs with coarsely chopped tomatoes or add them to a breakfast taco
· Eat tomatoes as a mid-afternoon snack (my father used to eat them like an apple—but you can use a knife and fork)
· Make a tomato sandwich—this is a sandwich that stars the tomato. The classic dressing for this sandwich is mayonnaise, but I know some people who like tomatoes and mustard
· Add canned or stewed tomatoes to soups and stews, like vegetable soup or beef stew
· Serve stewed tomatoes over a baked potato (also great on mashed potatoes)
· Make your own salsa with lots of fresh tomato—salsa is a great replacement for high-fat salad dressings as well as being tasty on meats, fish, and eggs
There’s No Shame in Taking Anti-DepressantsThere has always been a stigma attached to emotional or mental health struggles...
9 Natural Ways to Combat InsomniaThe aftermath of insomnia can affect other parts of your life - career, family...
7 Surprising Causes Of High Blood PressureHigh blood pressure affects about one in three, or 78 million, adults in the...
8 Ways to Cure a Shopping AddictionMany people use shopping as an outlet to make them self feel better or a way...