Dalai Lama Videos
More Dalai Lama Features
Top Beliefnet Features
- The Dangers of Repressing Your Anger
- When God Seems Silent
- Perfectly Imperfect: 10 Strategies for Overcoming Perfectionism
- Madre a los 5 años: El insólito caso de Lina Medina
- Fotógrafo muestra la vida de los hombres que toman descansos por paternidad en Suecia
- Hermanos De Famosos Que Seguro No Conocias
- Today in Tibetan Buddhism Dalai Lama Quotes About Peace To mark the 50 years since the beloved Tibetan leader fled to India, be inspired by his words on freedom, harmony, and love. More »
It is essential in Zen study that you do not cling to a sitting cushion for practice. If you sink into oblivion or distraction, or plunge into ease and tranquility, totally unawares, not only will you waste time, you will not be able to digest the offerings of donors. When the light of your eyes falls to the ground one day, in the end what will you rely on?
From "Teachings of Zen," edited by Thomas Cleary, © 1998. By arrangement with Shambhala Publications, Inc., Boston, www.shambhala.com.