Living the Muslim American Dream
TLC takes a look at five Muslim families in their new show All-American Muslim, and Beliefnet talks with one of those families about their life, what it's like to be on television, and their brand new baby.
BY: Stephen Russ
Those who choose to watch will certainly see that, and much, much more. Each one of these five families have problems, hopes, and dreams, but they show one thing that is crystal clear: their faith is a part of who they are and their faith is a part of America. They are able to be Muslim and American, and as Nader told me, “the beauty of being in America is that you go after your dreams.” The hope of this show is that in an America that often disparages Muslims, we can all still dare to dream that anything can happen. This includes people of all faiths living in peace with one another, no matter where they come from, what they believe, and how they dress. “God bless TLC for believing in us” said Nawal, and I have to agree.
All-American Muslim appears on TLC Sundays at 10/9c.CLICK to Continue to:Muslim Hip Hop!
- Will Saudi Arabia finally allow a church on its soil?
- Is it becoming too dangerous to be a Christian?
- What Has Happened to the World’s Newest Republic?
- Are All These Christians' Complaints of Religious Discrimination Just So Much Empty Whining?
- Video: Duck Dynasty's Willie Robertson Speaks About his Faith