The Gnostic Gospels
by Elaine Pagels
The 1945 discovery at Nag Hammadi of sacred texts that never made it into the Christian canon has fundamentally changed scholars' view of early Christianity. In this highly readable work, Elaine Pagels explores these "gnostic" texts, suggesting that Christianity would look pretty different if the Nag Hammadi finds had received the church's sanction.
|< previous="">||index||next book >>|
- Musician Challenges Believers to Shun Popular Music for 30 Days
- 'High School Musical' Star Graduates to Gritty Role in 'Gimme Shelter'
- Documentary Explores the Trials and Hurdles of Jeremy Lin
- Video: Duck Dynasty's Willie Robertson Speaks About his Faith
- Looking for a Great Film for Your Youth Group?