Vegetable Egg Scramble
VEGETABLE EGG SCRAMBLE
Omega-3-enriched eggs are a “functional food” readily available at your local supermarket. They come from chickens fed a diet rich in algae or flaxseeds, the original sources of these healthy fats.
2 large eggs 1 tbsp water 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup assorted chopped raw vegetables (onions, red bell peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, zucchini, summer squash, asparagus, mushrooms, etc.) Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
2. tbsps chunky tomato salsa
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and water until well mixed.
2. Heat the oil in a small cast-iron pan over medium heat. Add the vegetables and sauté until they are tender but still crisp, 2–3 minutes.
3. Pour the eggs over the vegetables and cook, stirring constantly, until the eggs scramble and set.
4. Season to taste with salt and black pepper, and top with the salsa.
7 Loving Insights from Yoga GirlThe body, the mind, and the soul are actually all entwined with yoga, but to...
6 Rules for a Physically Fit BodyJoel Harper has spent years helping people achieve fitness goals, and leading...
8 Things To Do When A Friend Self-InjuresWhat can you do if your friend hasn’t said anything but you think he/she might...
7 Successful Energy Techniques to Lose WeightExcess weight is nothing but energy which must be consumed, stored or released...