Grief & Loss
Grief and Loss Prayers
Preparing to Eat
Now that I am about to eat, O Great Spirit, give my thanks to the beasts and birds whom You have provided for my hunger; and pray deliver my sorrow that living things must make a sacrifice for my comfort and well-being.
Let the feather of corn spring up in its time and let it not wither but make full grains for the fires of our cooking pots, now that I am about to eat.
Grief & Loss Groups
More on Grief
Losing someone you love is something you’re never prepared for. The impact grief has on our heart, mind and body is one that can’t be prevented.
An experienced grief counselor, Roberta Temes, offers 10 ways to help people who are grieving the loss of a loved one. Here's how you can help friends or relatives as they journey through the bereavement process.
Author Joan Didion talks about how losing a loved one can make a perfectly rational person feel like she is losing her mind.
In her book, Carole Brody Fleet discusses how to get through the grief of widowhood.
Love doesn’t end when another person's breath does. At a time when we're hurting, the last thing we need is someone chastising us for talking to our lost loved one. If you find yourself uncertain, here are a few thoughts.
Top Grief & Loss Features
- Fotógrafo muestra la vida de los hombres que toman descansos por paternidad en Suecia
- Hermanos De Famosos Que Seguro No Conocias
- Estas Personas Son Idénticas A Estos Famosos. ¡El Parecido Es Impresionante!
- Dealing with Cancer: It’s More than a Prayer List and a Casserole
- Los peores dobles del mundo se aprovechan de las personas para tener unos minutos de fama