page Easy Ways to Eat More Tomatoes
· Add sliced tomatoes to sandwiches—from tuna to turkey
· Chop tomatoes in salad (leave them at room temperature, if possible)
· Use marinara or tomato sauces (canned, cooked, or homemade) on pasta; this can be big calorie savings when you swap out creamy sauces for tomato-based sauces
· Drink tomato juice or vegetable juice with tomatoes
· Tomatoes for breakfast? Top scrambled eggs with coarsely chopped tomatoes or add them to a breakfast taco
· Eat tomatoes as a mid-afternoon snack (my father used to eat them like an apple—but you can use a knife and fork)
· Make a tomato sandwich—this is a sandwich that stars the tomato. The classic dressing for this sandwich is mayonnaise, but I know some people who like tomatoes and mustard
· Add canned or stewed tomatoes to soups and stews, like vegetable soup or beef stew
· Serve stewed tomatoes over a baked potato (also great on mashed potatoes)
· Make your own salsa with lots of fresh tomato—salsa is a great replacement for high-fat salad dressings as well as being tasty on meats, fish, and eggs
7 Things Christians Need to Know about Depression...No one is exempt from depression or anxiety and Christians are included. We...
5 Ways to Have a Better Relationship With FoodWe'd bet you spend quite a bit of time and effort nourishing your relationships,...
5 Tips for Effortless MeditationFor centuries, sages and buddhas have said that true, effective meditation is...
6 Easy and Delicious Ways to Make Meals HealthierLooking for a way to make meals, yummy without all the fat, and calories? Here...