• 12 oz bag of rigatoni
• 1 pound of broccoli florets
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
• 2 14.5 oz cans of seasoned diced tomatoes
• 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
• 1 teaspoon dried basil
• 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
• 1/3 cup of crumbled reduced fat feta cheese
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil
• Heat the oil in a skillet over medium low heat
• Add the garlic, and cook gently for one minute
• Add the tomatoes (with juice), vinegar, basil, and red pepper flakes
• Increase the heat, and bring the sauce to a simmer
• Cook the sauce for 15 minutes, stirring frequently
• While the sauce is simmering, add the pasta to the boiling water
• When the pasta is almost done, add the broccoli to the pot, and cook for two minutes longer
• Drain the pasta and broccoli, and transfer them to a large bowl
• Add the sauce and toss well
• Sprinkle with the feta cheese
Pawn Stars' Rick Harrison Discovers Living Healthier...Rick Harrison is the star of the hit television show, Pawn Stars. Besides having...
Foods Guaranteed to Give You an Energy BoostBefore you reach for that 5-Hour Energy or guzzle down that Mountain Dew, check...
10 Tips for People Who Are New to FitnessFitness can be a tricky thing to jump into. Before you get discouraged, check...
Paths to Healthy AgingIn the US about 80 percent of older adults have one chronic condition, and 50...
More from Beliefnet