In the introduction to your book you say, "This book contains the most exciting news of the past 100 years." What's the news?
That humanity is going to create a new God for itself in the next 25 to 30 years, that this new God will result in the emergence of a new spirituality on the planet, and the new spirituality will in turn result in, at last, a movement toward that time of peace and harmony for all humankind, which has been so long predicted and so long awaited. You're not just talking about a change at the level of individual consciousness, but something on a global scale?
I'm talking about the creation of a new God on the earth and by that I mean a new understanding of the only God who always was, is now and always will be-but an understanding so radically different, an enormous departure from our present understandings that for all practical intents and purposes, it will seem like a new God. And that the creation of this new God by humanity will cause to emerge a new spirituality on the earth, across the planet.Could you describe the difference between this new understanding of "tomorrow's God" and the understanding that we have right now?
[Our] biggest fallacies about God are:
1. God needs something.
2. God can fail to get what God needs.
3. God has separated you from God because you have not given God what God needs.
4. God still needs what God needs so badly that God now requires you, from your separated position, to provide it.
5. God will destroy you if you do not meet God's requirements.
[Whereas] this is what God is actually like:
1. Tomorrow's God does not require anyone to believe in God.
2. Tomorrow's God is without gender, size, shape, color, or any of the characteristics of an individual living being.
3. Tomorrow's God talks with everyone, all the time.
4. Tomorrow's God is separate from nothing, but is Everywhere Present, the All in All, the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the Sum Total of Everything that ever was, is now, and ever shall be.
5. Tomorrow's God is not a singular Super Being, but the extraordinary process called Life.
6. Tomorrow's God is ever changing.
7. Tomorrow's God is needless.
8. Tomorrow's God does not ask to be served, but is the Servant of all of Life.
9. Tomorrow's God will be unconditionally loving, nonjudgmental, noncondemning, and nonpunishing.
Taken collectively, those differences will produce a strikingly different form of spirituality, which in turn will produce a strikingly different form of life, a different way of being with each other.
What is the message you say is missing from the world's religions?
"The missing message" is that we are all one. That is, that we are one with God, no separation between us and God whatsoever. That message is not being sent to the world by the Islamic faith, by the Christian faith, or by the Jewish faith-the world's major exclusivist organized religions. None of them say, "God and we are one." In fact they teach quite the opposite. Not only do they fail to bring that message, they actually teach a message which opposes that message.What will make followers of these religions adopt this new spirituality in the next 20 or 30 years?
The leaders and the figureheads of the world's largest exclusivist organized religions will not suddenly wake up one morning and say, "You know, we've got it all wrong." Or "We have been incomplete in our understandings, therefore we have to offer a new encyclical or a new proclamation." It will not happen that way. It will happen exactly the way political changes have occurred on this planet in the past 20 years that no one would have ever thought would occur. It will happen from the ground up. Just as communism fell in Eastern Europe. Just as political changes have happened all over the world in the past 30 or 40 years. From the ground up, not from the top down.
And what I'm suggesting is that one of two things is going to happen. Either the religions themselves will find themselves shifting and changing, enlarging their belief system to include the missing message, or those religions that fail to do so will simply disappear.