I want to introduce you to a secret healing therapy that can take your spiritual, physical and emotional health to a whole new level…it’s called the Daniel Fast and it includes many Bible foods that support healing.
Fasting is a natural discipline that can bring supernatural results.
And, Fasting works when nothing else will.
Moses, Elijah, Esther, Ezra, Job, David, Daniel, Peter, Paul even Jesus…fasted.
The Bible is filled with more than 70 references to fasting, but over the last several decades fasting has disappeared from the church and is only beginning to make a resurgence today.
What is a fast?
Fasting is abstaining from something like food, drink or entertainment for a period of time to create some type of benefit in body, mind or spirit.
There are many types of fasts which include:
-Standard Fast (water only)
-Absolute Fast (No water or food)
-Partial Fast (restrict certain food and drink categories)
-Intermittent Fast (Only eat during small daily window, for example: 1pm-6pm)
There are many variations of these fasts, and there are spiritual benefits of all of these, when we are able to devote the time spent eating to focus on God and serving others.
If you are looking for a healing breakthrough in body, mind and/or spirit, then you may consider doing a Daniel Fast.
What is a Daniel Fast?
The Daniel Fast is a biblically based partial fast referenced in the Bible, particularly in two sections of the Book of Daniel:
- Daniel 1:12, which states, “Please test your servants for ten days, and let them give us vegetables [pulses] to eat and water to drink.”
- Daniel 10: 1-2, which says, “In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.”
Daniel Fast: Food List
According to our understanding of the Hebrew definition of “pulse” that was used in the verse for vegetables can actually mean a range of foods. Here is the Daniel Fast Food List of what you are allowed to eat:
- Water only-must be purified/filtered and spring or distilled water is best.
- Homemade Almond milk, coconut water, coconut kefir and vegetable juice
VEGETABLES (should form the basis of the diet)
- Fresh or cooked
- May be frozen and cooked but not canned
FRUITS (consume in moderation 1-3 servings daily)
- Fresh and cooked
- May be dried like raisins or apricots (no sulfites or added oils or sweeteners)
- May be frozen but not canned
WHOLE GRAINS (consume in moderation and ideally sprouted)
- Brown Rice, Quinoa, Millet, Amaranth, Buckwheat, Barley cooked in water
- No Wheat, ezekiel bread, others bread, flours, or pasta
BEANS & LEGUMES (consume in moderation)
- Dried and cooked in water
- May be consumed from can as long as no salt or other additives are contained and the only ingredients are beans and water
NUTS & SEEDS (sprouted are best)
- Raw, sprouted or dry roasted (no salt added)
COMMON FOODS for Daniel Fast
Here is a list of some common foods you can consume in the Daniel Fast:
FRUITS (preferably organic and fresh or frozen):
VEGETABLES (preferably organic and fresh or frozen):