If you're angry and about to overeat, it's good to get it out. Anger inside hurts you. No amount of food will help the anger. Letting it out constructively helps a lot. Be sure, though, not to be destructive to yourself or others.
If you're angry with the person you're with, try this:
1) Ask them if it's OK to talk about something that's bothering you.
2) Instead of criticizing them, just tell them how you feel. For example, "When you come home late I feel ____."
3) Ask them directly for what you want. Like, "It would mean a lot to me if you were here on time tomorrow." Be specific, and flexible.
4) Negotiate. Try to see their point of view. Gather information. ("What happened, did you get held up on something at work?")
5) Try to trust them, and make an effort to see at least one kernel of truth in what they're saying or feeling.
Something that may also help is to first take a few moments apart from the person who made you cry, and gather your wits and your inner peace. Just say, “Excuse me” for a moment. Then go off by yourself, take a few deep breaths, and say a prayer to be shown God’s will.