Here’s a really useful mental trick that works, big time, for rising above your problems. Try this – it’s wonderful, free, and it works. You can do it in just a few minutes.
1. Get into a quiet, meditative state with eyes closed.
2. Picture your problems in your mind.
3. Picture a box, and put your problems in it.
4. Then mentally wrap the box with pretty paper and a ribbon.
5. Finally, take the box in hand and give it to God, asking for help.
Be thorough with it. Really see your problems one by one. Identify them specifically, see them written in words in your mind’s eye. Picture the people involved. Visualize scenes where the problem has occurred or might take place in the future.
Then, really see God. Focus on however you picture the Divine: Jesus, or Buddha, or your Goddess, or Nature, a Divine Mother or Father, or Higher Power. Put the box of problems at God’s feet, or into His/Her hands. As a Christian, I imagine God as Christ holding me in His hands, holding me and my problems. I’m as light as can be, and He is as Light as He can be! I have a friend who is Buddhist, and she imagines her Creator as a big bald smiling Buddha sitting under a tree. She sits under the tree and sees her problems as leaves on the tree falling into Buddha’s infinite lap, laughing, happy as can be.