From, "California Sizzles," published in cooperation with your Daily Inbox Newsletter.
- 4 breasts of chicken, boned
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 4 ounces sliced almonds, blanched
- 1 can refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 Tablespoons bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Poach chicken breasts in water until just tender. Cool and cut into small cubes.
2. Beat together cream cheese, milk, green onions and lemon pepper. Add chicken cubes and almonds.
3. Separate crescent rolls into 4 sections. Press 2 triangles together to form 4 squares.
4. Put 1/4 chicken mixture in the center of each square. Pick up the 4 corners and twist at the top to seal. Dip into melted butter, then bread crumbs.
5. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.
NOTE: May be made several hours ahead, covered tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerated.