From, "Tell Me More," published in cooperation with your Daily Inbox Newsletter.
- 4 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1 lean round steak – bone in
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon Tony Chachere seasoning
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 stalks chopped celery
- 1/2 large chopped bell pepper
- 2 chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (14-1/2 ounce) can Italian stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (6 ounce) can mushroom steak sauce and gravy
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat oil in heavy 4 quart pot with lid. Season steak and dredge in flour, then brown well on both sides. Remove steak to a platter and saute onions, celery, bell pepper, and green onions in the same pot. Add garlic powder, tomatoes, steak sauce, sliced mushrooms and seasonings to taste. Return steak to pot. Cover with lid and cook at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
NOTE: Tony Chachere seasoning is Tony Chachere's Famous Creole Seasoning containing salt, red pepper, garlic and other spices. This product is a Cajun seasoned salt should you have to substitute another brand.