From, "To Market, To Market...A Collection of Kentucky Recipes," published in cooperation with your Daily InBox Newsletter.
- 6 whole chicken breasts, split, skinned and boned
- Seasoned salt
- Seasoned pepper
- 1 box (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice
- 1/4 cup grated orange peel
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 Tablespoon water
1. Pound chicken breasts to 1/4-inch thickness. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Cook rice according to package directions. Add orange peel and cool.
3. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold into rice.
4. On floured surface, roll 2 triangular pieces of dough into a circle. Repeat to make 12 circles.
5. Place a chicken breast half on each circle. Scoop 1/4 cup rice mixture and roll up jelly roll fashion. Moisten edges of dough and press to seal.
6. Place breasts seam side down on large baking sheet.
7. Slightly beat egg yolks with water and brush over dough.
8. Bake uncovered. If dough browns too quickly, cover loosely with foil.
Temperature: 375 degrees
Time: 45 to 50 minutes