- 1-1/2 pounds carrots, peeled
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
Slice carrots into 1/4-inch thick rounds. Boil in water for 5 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of water.
Combine reserved water, paprika, onion, horseradish, mayonnaise, cheese, salt and pepper. Add carrots and spoon into a buttered 2-quart baking dish. Combine bread crumbs and melted butter and sprinkle over carrot mixture. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.