- Children & Grief
Brief introductoryessay on children & grief prepared by the American Academy of Child &Adolescent Psychiatry.
- How Children Grieve
Extensive essay onchildren's grief prepared by The Doughy Center--a national nonprofitsupport center for grieving children & families based in Portland, Oregon.
- Talking to Children About Death
A comprehensive essay on how to approach the subject of death, and how torespond to the grief of children of all ages.
- "Children Mourning, Mourning Children," edited by Ken Doka, Hemisphere Pub.1995.
- "The Grieving Child: A Parent's Guide" by Helen Fitzgerald, Simon &Schuster, 1992.
- "Life & Loss--A Guide to Help Grieving Children" by Linda Goldman, Accelerated Development, Inc. 1994.
- "When My Mommy Died" and "When My Dad Died" by Janice M. Hammond, Cranbrook Publishing, 1980 and 1981 respectively.
- "Helping Children Cope with the Loss of a Loved One: A Guide for Grownups"by William C. Kroen, Free Spirit Pub. 1996.
- "How Do We Tell the Children?" by Dan Schaefer & Christine Lyons, NewmarketPress, 1993.