Throughout life every Christian will face difficult trials and tribulations that will cause them to question their face, who they are and whether or not they’re making the right choices. Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing what the future will bring – each person must live their life to the fullest and with an open mind. Even though we don’t have a how-to manual on life, Christians have the Bible which provides comfort and substance for the day-to-day. Having a Christian heart is crucial when walking with the Lord. Having a loving heart that’s lined with understanding and the will to withstand anything will help you become a strong individual and a follower of Jesus Christ.
- Matthew 6:21 says, “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” This verse is saying that you must have honesty within your heart. Be true to yourself and those around you – and you’ll discover that your heart will guide you when you’re feeling left astray or at bay from everything that’s near and dear to you. Always listen to your heart because it will help to cultivate your decisions between right and wrong.
- Proverbs 3:5 says, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding,” This verse is conveying the desperate need for faith within your heart. There will be challenging times that cause you to question your faith and your overall belief system; however, it’s important to have faith within your heart. When you find yourself in doubt, look to your heart to guide you into the right direction.
- Proverbs 4:23 says, “Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.” It’s important to be able to distinguish between what is right and wrong. Protect your heart from evil by not subjecting yourself to the negativity that you may encounter. It important to know what is good and bad for you. As tempting as it may be from time-to-time, guard yourself from the pain others try to bring forth.
- Romans 12:2 says, “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is – his good, pleasing and perfect will.” Beyond everything – be yourself. Always strive to be the best version of yourself by being a genuine human being. Look for ways you can excel and take on those new challenges head on. It’s important to look for ways to grow, so that you can build a bigger and brighter future.
- Proverbs 23:26 says, “My son, give me your heart and let your eyes delight in my ways.” Always be willing to extend your mind and soul to the Lord through the practice of Christianity. Put your trust within the Lord and allow him to be your foundation no matter how bright or dark things may seem. It’s important to have a Godly heart.
- Psalms 51:10 says, “Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit with me.” Have purity within your heart and never allow others to taint your wishes and beliefs. It’s important to recognize what is good and what is bad. Do not allow yourself to fall into temptation – deliver from evil.
- John 14:27 says, “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” Therefore, each heart must have confidence. If you’re a confident person you’ll find that living life is a lot easier because you have the will to move forward. Furthermore, that confidence can help others find the will within themselves to build a better life for themselves.
If you have these seven elements within your heart, you’ll find that your life is much fuller – full of happiness, love and the Lord. Everyone’s heart has many other qualities and attributes that furnish their individuality however, these seven elements are the core to a Christian heart.