10. (Tie) It's been 100 years since the Wright Brothers got powered aviation off the ground ... Mickey Mouse turns 75, but his voice still hasn't changed.
9. The original test tube baby - whose birth forever changed the rules of conception - turns 25.
8. American Idol contestants Ruben Studdard and Clay Aiken prove talent can win out over image.
7. People are surprisingly honest when a Milwaukee woman gets back all 30 $100 bills that blew out of her purse.
6. Women's golfer Annika Sorenstram crosses the gender lines and competes respectably before large galleries at The Colonial Invitational in Fort Worth.
5. The Fab 5 from Queer Eye encourage straight men to look their best, live in style, and develop a little culture.
4. Kidnap victim Elizabeth Smart returns home thanks to the good Samaritans who called the police when they saw her.
3. Shirin Ebadi, an Iranian campaigner for women's and children's human rights, wins the Nobel Peace Prize.
2. Anti-nuisance legislation is passed to stop telemarketers and spammers from cluttering up our lives.
1. Science proves it: the Baltimore Longitudinal Study of Aging finds happy people live longer.
GLOBAL BONUS MOMENT: Saddam Hussein is captured, officially ending any chance that he could return to power.