Chicken Ceasar Salad
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||26.5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Whole wheat bread, sliced into ½-inch cubes||3 slices|
|Olive oil||2 + 2 teaspoons|
|Garlic cloves, minced||1 + 1|
|Parmesan cheese, grated||1 + 1 tablespoon|
|Chicken cutlets||6 ounces|
|Freshly ground pepper to taste|
|Juice of ½ lemon|
|Low-fat mayonnaise||2 tablespoons|
|Worcestershire sauce||¼ teaspoon|
|Anchovy fillet, chopped (optional)||1|
|Romaine lettuce, washed, cut into ribbons, and dried||1 head|
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- In a small bowl, toss together bread cubes, 2 teaspoons olive oil, garlic, and 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese. Distribute croutons onto a baking sheet and bake in the oven, tossing occasionally, for about 10 minutes, until golden. Remove and let cool.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Season chicken with the salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until lightly browned and cooked through. Remove from skillet and set aside. Once chicken has cooled off a bit, slice into strips.
- In a blender, combine lemon juice, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, anchovy fillet, and remaining garlic and Parmesan cheese. Process until smooth.
- Toss together lettuce and dressing and distribute onto plates. Top each plate with chicken and croutons.
3 very lean meats; 3 fats; 1.5 starches; 1 vegetable
Side Suggestions: Whole Wheat Baguette
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © 2011 EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.