Garlicky Beef Stir-fry
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||29 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Olive oil||½ tablespoon|
|Garlic cloves, thinly sliced||2|
|Boneless sirloin steak, visible fat removed, and sliced into thin strips||½ pound|
|Medium carrot, sliced into ¼ inch pieces||1|
|Medium red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips||1|
|Snow peas, ends trimmed||1 cup|
|Hoisin sauce||1/3 cup|
- Heat oil in a wok (or large nonstick skillet) over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and beef, and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, or until beef is cooked through. Place meat onto a plate and wipe out pan.
- Add the carrot and water to the wok. Cover partially and stir occasionally for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the pepper and snow peas and stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add the hoisin sauce, increase the heat to high, and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the beef and cook for about another minute.
3 lean meats; 3 vegetables; 1 fat; 1 starch
Side Suggestions: Brown Rice
Prepare according to package directions.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © 2011 EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.