|Serving Size||1/6 of recipe, 4 ounces|
|Calories from Fat||5|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||42 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin A||25% DV|
|Vitamin C||8% DV|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Ingredients and Preparation
|Fresh apricots (1 pound)||8|
|Plain gelatin||1½ envelopes|
|Nonfat vanilla yogurt||2 cups|
- Drop apricots into boiling water to cover.
- Return to boil. Simmer for 5 minutes or until skins begin to split.
- Drain. Rinse under cold water.
- Halve fruit. Discard skins and pits.
- Puree apricots in blender or food processor. Set aside.
- Combine gelatin and water in small saucepan. Stir over low heat until dissolved.
- Mix sugar, apricot puree, and yogurt with a wire whisk until smooth.
- Mix in dissolved gelatin.
- Chill until firm.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 2; Other: 0
Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.
California Fresh Apricot Council
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © 2011 EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.