Rhubarb and Berry Nut Muffins
|Serving Size||1 muffin|
|Calories from Fat||100|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||54 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Vitamin A||2% DV|
|Vitamin C||15% DV|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Ingredients and Preparation
|Packed brown sugar||¾ cup|
|Blueberries, washed||1 cup|
|Blackberries, washed||1 cup|
|Rhubarb, diced||1 cup|
|Walnuts, chopped||½ cup|
|Packed brown sugar (topping)||¼ cup|
|Walnuts, chopped (topping)||½ cup|
|Ground cinnamon (topping)||½ teaspoon|
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine applesauce, egg, buttermilk and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in rhubarb and walnuts. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Combine topping ingredients. Sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake at 375ºF for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing to rack.
Fruit: 1; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 2; Carbs: 1; Other: 0
Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.
Michigan Asparagus Advisory Board
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © 2011 EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.