Nine Bean Soup
|Serving Size||1/12 recipe|
|Calories from Fat||20|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||81 g|
|Dietary Fiber||24 g|
|Vitamin A||6% DV|
|Vitamin C||15% DV|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Ingredients and Preparation
|Black beans, dried||1 cup|
|Red beans, dried||1 cup|
|Pinto beans, dried||1 cup|
|White beans, dried||1 cup|
|Split green peas, dried||1 cup|
|Navy beans, dried||1 cup|
|Garbanzo beans, drained||1 can (15.5 ounces)|
|No sodium black-eyed peas, drained||1 can (15.5 ounces)|
|Kidney beans, drained||1 can (15.5 ounces)|
|No sodium diced tomatoes||1 can (14.5 ounces)|
|Diced tomatoes with green chiles||1 can (10 ounces)|
|Large onion, chopped||1|
|Green onion, chopped||1 cup|
|Garlic cloves, crushed||3|
- Combine black beans, red beans, pinto beans, white beans, split green peas, and navy beans. Cover with water and soak overnight.
- Drain beans and place in a large stockpot; cover with water.
- Add navy beans, garbanzo beans, black-eyed peas, and kidney beans. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1½ hours or until beans are tender.
- Add tomatoes, tomatoes with green chiles, onion, garlic, and salt. Simmer for 30 minutes to blend flavors.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 1; Meat: 1; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 4; Other: 0
Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © 2011 EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.