|Serving Size||1 piece|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Cooked lasagna noodles, (in unsalted water)||½ pound|
|Mozzarella cheese, part-skim, grated||¾ cup|
|Cottage cheese, fat free||1½ cups|
|Parmesan cheese, grated||¼ cup|
|Zucchini, raw, sliced||1½ cups|
|Tomato sauce, no salt added||2½ cups|
|Basil, dried||2 teaspoons|
|Oregano, dried||2 teaspoons|
|Onion, chopped||¼ cup|
|Black pepper||1/8 teaspoon|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/8 cup mozzarella and 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese with all of the cottage cheese. Mix well and set aside.
- Combine tomato sauce with remaining ingredients. Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce in the bottom of the baking dish. Add a third of the noodles in a single layer. Spread half of the cottage cheese mixture on top. Add a layer of zucchini. Repeat layering. Add a thin coating of sauce. Top with noodles, sauce, and reserved cheese mixture. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. Cool for 10-15 minutes. Cut into 6 portions.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © 2011 EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.