Healthier Chocolate Chip Cookies
Substitutions, like applesauce instead of butter, lower the amount of fat and calories compared to traditional chocolate chip cookie recipes.
Ingredients and Preparation
|White sugar||¾ cup|
|Packed brown sugar||¾ cup|
|Eggs||1 whole egg and 1 egg white|
|Vanilla extract||2 teaspoons|
|All-purpose flour||3 cups|
|Baking soda||1 teaspoon|
|Hot water||2 teaspoons|
|Mini chocolate chips||1 cup|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine applesauce, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven or until edges are nicely browned.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © 2011 EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.