These colorful skewers contain scallops, which are naturally low in total and saturated fat.
|Serving Size||6-ounce scallop kabob|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||less than 1 g|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Medium green peppers, cut into 1½-inch squares||3|
|Fresh bay scallops||1½ pounds|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 pint|
|Dry white wine||¼ cup|
|Vegetable oil||¼ cup|
|Lemon juice||3 tablespoons|
|Dash of garlic powder|
|Black pepper to taste|
- Perboil green peppers for 2 minutes.
- Alternately thread first three ingredients on skewers.
- Combine next five ingredients.
- Brush kabobs with wine/oil/lemon mixture, place on grill (or under broiler).
- Grill 15 minutes, turning and basting frequently.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © 2011 EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.