|Serving Size||1 cup|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||31 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Vegetable oil||1 tablespoon|
|Celery, finely diced||2 tablespoons|
|Onion, finely diced||2 tablespoons|
|Green pepper, finely diced||2 tablespoons|
|Frozen whole kernel corn||1 package (10 ounces)|
|Raw potatoes, peeled, diced in 1/2-inch pieces||1 cup|
|Fresh parsley, chopped||2 tablespoons|
|Black pepper to taste|
|Lowfat or skim milk||2 cups|
- Heat oil in medium saucepan. Add celery, onion, and green pepper, and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add corn, potatoes, water, salt, pepper, and paprika. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to medium. Cook covered for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Place 1/2 cup of milk in jar with tightfitting lid. Add flour and shake vigorously.
- Gradually add milk-flour mixture to cooked vegetables. Then add remaining milk.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to boil and thickens. Serve garnished with chopped, fresh parsley.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © 2011 EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.