|Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves||2 (5-ounce)|
|Water||1 + 3 cups|
|Kosher salt (or 1 tablespoon table salt)||2 tablespoons|
|Ice cubes||1 cup|
- Place chicken breasts between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound until about ½ inch thick all around.
- Bring 1 cup of water to boil in a small sauce pan over high heat. Mix in the sugar and salt and stir until dissolved. Remove from heat and transfer mixture to a 4-cup glass measure. Add ice cubes and enough water to make 4 cups.
- Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag or covered plastic container. Pour in the brine mixture and seal. Brine for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- While chicken is brining, prepare the grill.
- Drain chicken and place on grill. Cook for about 3-5 minutes on each side, until juices run clear. Serve with sweet pickle relish.
4 very lean meats
Side Suggestions: Grilled Squash
Slice 1 squash lengthwise into long, wide strips. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil and season with ¼ teaspoon herbs de Provence, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and ground pepper to taste. Grill for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until tender with nice grill marks.
Side Suggestions: Rice Pilaf
Cook according to package directions.
Side Suggestions: Sweet Pickle Relish
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children