|Portabella mushroom caps||4 large|
|Olive oil||1 + 2 teaspoons|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 tablespoon|
|Garlic, minced||2 cloves|
|Shallot, chopped||¼ cup|
|Yellow bell pepper, diced||½ cup|
|Zucchini, diced||½ cup|
|Plum tomatoes, seeded and diced||2|
|Fresh basil, chopped||1 + 2 tablespoons|
|Dried marjoram||¼ teaspoon|
|Fresh ground pepper to taste|
|Non-stick cooking spray|
|Shredded part-skim mozzarella||½ cup|
- Remove mushroom stems (if present) and scrape out the brown gills from the undersides of the caps using a spoon.
- Mix together 1 teaspoon oil and lemon juice, and then brush all over the mushroom caps.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, shallot, bell pepper, and zucchini, and sauté until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, 1 tablespoon basil, and marjoram, and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Spray grill rack or indoor grill with non-stick cooking spray and then place the mushroom caps stem-side down on the grill. Grill mushrooms for about 5 minutes on each side, until soft.
- Remove mushrooms from grill, fill with the vegetable mixture, and top with mozzarella cheese. Return mushrooms, filled-side up, to the grill. Cover and cook for about 3 minutes, until cheese is melted. Garnish with the remaining 2 tablespoons of chopped basil.
3 vegetables; 1 fat
Side Suggestions: Tomato-lentil Couscous
Cook according to package directions.
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
Improving parent-adolescent sexual communication has been noted as one factor that could help to encourage adolescents to practice safer sex behavior. This study found that sexual communication with parents plays a small protective role in safer sex behavior among adolescents.
Celiac Disease May Increase the Risk of Bone Fractures
Music May Improve Sleep Quality in Adults with Insomnia
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea