|Ground turkey||4 ounces|
|Italian-style turkey or chicken sausage, casings removed if possible||4 ounces|
|Grated Parmesan cheese||2 + 1 tablespoons|
|Flat-leaf parsley, chopped||2 + 1 tablespoons|
|Garlic cloves, minced||1 + 1|
|Dried thyme||½ teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper to taste|
|Olive oil||2 teaspoons|
|Small white onion, chopped||½|
|Crushed tomatoes||14-ounce can|
- In a large mixing bowl, combine turkey, sausage, egg white, Parmesan, parsley, 1 garlic clove, thyme, salt, and pepper. Form mixture into 1-inch balls and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting fat and salt.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, and sauté 2-3 minutes, until onion is tender. Stir in tomatoes, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Simmer about 5 minutes, until sauce thickens slightly.
- Add meatballs to sauce, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer about 15 minutes, turning meatballs occasionally, until meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve meatballs and sauce over pasta, and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and parsley.
3 medium-fat meats; 2 starches; 1 vegetable
Side Suggestions: Tossed Green Salad
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3.5 g|
Insomnia can make your days miserable and a cure can be hard to find. There are some medications but there is some worry with side effects and the potential for addiction. Music is side effect free and according to this study may help you find sleep.
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Water Before Meals May Promote Weight Loss
Fecal Transplants Induce Ulcerative Colitis Remission