|Pork tenderloin, visible fat removed||12 ounces|
|Low-sodium soy sauce||¼ cup|
|Garlic cloves, minced||2|
|Sesame oil||1 teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1 tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||2 tablespoons|
- Combine pork, soy sauce, garlic, and sesame oil in a resealable plastic bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 4-24 hours, turning a few times.
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
- Remove pork from marinade and pat dry. Combine the brown sugar and honey and then rub over the pork. Place sesame seeds in a shallow plate and then roll the pork in the seeds until well-covered.
- Place meat in baking dish and roast in the oven. Note that during cooking, the honey-sugar mixture will drip into the pan and burn, but the pork will not. For easier clean-up, line the baking dish with foil before placing the pork on it.
- Roast for 40-55 minutes, or until the pork reaches 160˚F. You can remove the pork when it’s at 155˚F; it will continue to cook slightly once out of the oven, raising the temperature to 160˚F, but keep the thermometer in to monitor it’s temperature status. Slice thinly and serve.
5 lean meats; 1 starch
Side Suggestions: Sautéed Baby Carrots and Snap Peas
Steam or boil 1 cup baby carrots until tender. Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 minced garlic clove and cook for 1 minute. Add 1 cup snap peas and cook until tender, about 2-3 minutes. Then add in carrots and sauté for another minute.
Side Suggestions: Brown Rice
For added flavor cook brown rice with a low-sodium bouillion cube.
|Serving Size||½ recipe|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.5 g|
A randomized trial found that drinking water before main meals led to higher weight loss than those who were asked to imagine a full stomach before main meals. Water preloading is believed to help create a feeling of fullness or satiety during the meal, which may help curb overeating.
Fecal Transplants Induce Ulcerative Colitis Remission
Exercise Associated with Healthy Baby Weight
Mindful Meditation May Reduce Symptoms and Complications of Insomnia