|Chicken tenders||¾ pound|
|Egg whites, lightly beaten||2|
|Honey||1 + 1 tablespoons|
|Cornflakes, finely crushed||2 cups|
|Freshly ground pepper to taste|
|Reduced-fat mayonnaise||2 tablespoons|
|Dijon mustard||2 tablespoons|
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine egg whites and 1 tablespoon honey in a shallow bowl. Combine cornflakes and pepper on a plate.
- Dip each tender in egg white mixture, then roll in cornflake mixture to coat.
- Arrange tenders on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray, then bake 11-13 minutes, or until tenders are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare honey-mustard sauce by combining mayonnaise, mustard, and 1 tablespoon honey until smooth.
- Sprinkle tenders with salt and serve with dipping sauce on the side.
5 very lean meats; 2 starches
Side Suggestions: Chopped Salad
Toss 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce with 1 small chopped cucumber, 1 chopped tomato, and 1 chopped yellow bell pepper. Top with crumbled bleu cheese and salad dressing.
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
A randomized trial found that drinking water before main meals led to higher weight loss than those who were asked to imagine a full stomach before main meals. Water preloading is believed to help create a feeling of fullness or satiety during the meal, which may help curb overeating.
Fecal Transplants Induce Ulcerative Colitis Remission
Exercise Associated with Healthy Baby Weight
Mindful Meditation May Reduce Symptoms and Complications of Insomnia