|Chicken tenders||¾ pound|
|Egg whites, lightly beaten||2|
|Honey||1 + 1 tablespoons|
|Cornflakes, finely crushed||2 cups|
|Freshly ground pepper to taste|
|Reduced-fat mayonnaise||2 tablespoons|
|Dijon mustard||2 tablespoons|
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine egg whites and 1 tablespoon honey in a shallow bowl. Combine cornflakes and pepper on a plate.
- Dip each tender in egg white mixture, then roll in cornflake mixture to coat.
- Arrange tenders on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray, then bake 11-13 minutes, or until tenders are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare honey-mustard sauce by combining mayonnaise, mustard, and 1 tablespoon honey until smooth.
- Sprinkle tenders with salt and serve with dipping sauce on the side.
5 very lean meats; 2 starches
Side Suggestions: Chopped Salad
Toss 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce with 1 small chopped cucumber, 1 chopped tomato, and 1 chopped yellow bell pepper. Top with crumbled bleu cheese and salad dressing.
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
A randomized trial found that fecal microbiota transplantation had a higher rate of remission in patients with active ulcerative colitis than those who recieved placebo. Fecal transplantation is believed to help the intestine develop a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut which can help the intestine recover and function more effectively.
Exercise Associated with Healthy Baby Weight
Mindful Meditation May Reduce Symptoms and Complications of Insomnia
Chewing Gum After Surgery May Improve Digestive Tract Recovery