|Chinese egg noodles (such as lo mein or chow mein)||4 ounces|
|Olive oil||2 teaspoons|
|Small onion, chopped||½|
|Red bell pepper, chopped||1|
|Small zucchini, chopped||1|
|Unsalted peanuts, chopped||2 tablespoons|
|Peanut sauce||1 tablespoon|
|Rice wine vinegar||1 tablespoon|
|Dried chili, seeded and finely chopped (optional)||1|
|Garlic clove, minced||1|
|Freshly ground pepper to taste|
- Cook the noodles according to package directions, but omit fat and salt.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a wok or large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, and cook for 3 minutes, until tender.
- Reduce heat to medium, add pepper and zucchini, and cook for another 8-12 minutes, stirring often.
- Add peanuts and cook for another minute.
- Whisk together peanut sauce, vinegar, chili, salt, and pepper.
- Toss noodles, vegetables, and dressing together in a large bowl and serve.
3.5 fats; 2.5 vegetables; 2.5 starches
Side Suggestions: Asian Slaw
Mix 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 1 teaspoon granulated sugar, and ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper together in the bottom of a medium bowl. Toss 1 cup finely chopped red cabbage, ½ cup thin strips of peeled carrot, and ½ cup thinly sliced snow peas with dressing and serve. Nutrition Info (for ½ of recipe): 65 calories; 10 g carbohydrate; 1.5 g protein; 2.5 g fat (0 g sat); 2.5 g fiber; 17 mg sodium. Exchanges: 1 vegetable; 0.5 fat.
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
Insomnia can make your days miserable and a cure can be hard to find. There are some medications but there is some worry with side effects and the potential for addiction. Music is side effect free and according to this study may help you find sleep.
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Water Before Meals May Promote Weight Loss
Fecal Transplants Induce Ulcerative Colitis Remission