|Extra-firm, drained tofu (see directions below)||7 ounces|
|Lite coconut milk||½ cup|
|Red curry paste||1 teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 tablespoon|
|Baby spinach, packed||2 cups|
|Snap peas||1 cup|
- Press water from 14-ounce block of tofu by putting it in between several layers of paper towels and placing a dinner plate on top. Let sit for 15 minutes. Divide block into 2 halves, keep 1 half and freeze the other half for later use.
- Cube the tofu into ½-inch squares.
- Mix together the coconut milk, curry paste, sugar, and salt in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a large wok or nonstick sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add tofu and cook for 5-7 minutes, rotating until each side is golden.
- Add spinach, snap peas, and sauce. Cook for another 5-7 minutes, until vegetables are just cooked. Serve over rice.
1 medium fat substitute; 2 fats; 1.5 vegetables
Side Suggestions: Brown Rice
Cook according to package directions.
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Saturated Fat||4.5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4.5 g|
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children