|Extra-firm, drained tofu (see directions below)||7 ounces|
|Lite coconut milk||½ cup|
|Red curry paste||1 teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 tablespoon|
|Baby spinach, packed||2 cups|
|Snap peas||1 cup|
- Press water from 14-ounce block of tofu by putting it in between several layers of paper towels and placing a dinner plate on top. Let sit for 15 minutes. Divide block into 2 halves, keep 1 half and freeze the other half for later use.
- Cube the tofu into ½-inch squares.
- Mix together the coconut milk, curry paste, sugar, and salt in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a large wok or nonstick sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add tofu and cook for 5-7 minutes, rotating until each side is golden.
- Add spinach, snap peas, and sauce. Cook for another 5-7 minutes, until vegetables are just cooked. Serve over rice.
1 medium fat substitute; 2 fats; 1.5 vegetables
Side Suggestions: Brown Rice
Cook according to package directions.
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Saturated Fat||4.5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4.5 g|
A randomized trial found that drinking water before main meals led to higher weight loss than those who were asked to imagine a full stomach before main meals. Water preloading is believed to help create a feeling of fullness or satiety during the meal, which may help curb overeating.
Fecal Transplants Induce Ulcerative Colitis Remission
Exercise Associated with Healthy Baby Weight
Mindful Meditation May Reduce Symptoms and Complications of Insomnia