|Bow-tie pasta||4 ounces (about 1 cup dry)|
|Olive oil||2 teaspoons|
|Clove garlic, chopped||1|
|Small white onion, chopped||1|
|Yellow bell pepper, chopped||1|
|Italian-style chicken or turkey sausage, casings removed||6 ounces|
|Red grape tomatoes||½ cup|
|Freshly ground pepper||½ teaspoon|
|Fresh basil, chopped||2 tablespoons|
|Grated Parmesan cheese||2 tablespoons|
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, excluding salt and fat.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onion, and pepper, and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add sausage to pan and cook about 5-6 minutes, crumbling it as it cooks.
- Stir in tomatoes and cook another 5-6 minutes, or until the tomatoes burst.
- Add the pasta, salt, and pepper to the pan, and toss until mixed.
- Stir in basil, sprinkle with Parmesan, and serve.
2 starches; 1.5 high-fat meats; 1.5 vegetables; 1 fat; 0.5 lean meat substitutes
Side Suggestions: Tossed Salad
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|
Improving parent-adolescent sexual communication has been noted as one factor that could help to encourage adolescents to practice safer sex behavior. This study found that sexual communication with parents plays a small protective role in safer sex behavior among adolescents.
Celiac Disease May Increase the Risk of Bone Fractures
Music May Improve Sleep Quality in Adults with Insomnia
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea