|Bow-tie pasta||4 ounces (about 1 cup dry)|
|Olive oil||2 teaspoons|
|Clove garlic, chopped||1|
|Small white onion, chopped||1|
|Yellow bell pepper, chopped||1|
|Italian-style chicken or turkey sausage, casings removed||6 ounces|
|Red grape tomatoes||½ cup|
|Freshly ground pepper||½ teaspoon|
|Fresh basil, chopped||2 tablespoons|
|Grated Parmesan cheese||2 tablespoons|
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, excluding salt and fat.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onion, and pepper, and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add sausage to pan and cook about 5-6 minutes, crumbling it as it cooks.
- Stir in tomatoes and cook another 5-6 minutes, or until the tomatoes burst.
- Add the pasta, salt, and pepper to the pan, and toss until mixed.
- Stir in basil, sprinkle with Parmesan, and serve.
2 starches; 1.5 high-fat meats; 1.5 vegetables; 1 fat; 0.5 lean meat substitutes
Side Suggestions: Tossed Salad
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|
Exercise during pregnancy has been associated with many benefits for mom and baby. This review supports the trend and finds that even one day of purposeful activity per week may reduce the need for cesarean birth.
Maternal Caffeine Intake May Be Associated with Low Birth Weight
Prevent Eczema in Kids with a Daily Dose of Moisturizer
Broccoli Sprout Compound Associated with Reduction in Autism Symptoms