|Olive oil||2 teaspoons + 1 tablespoon|
|Top-loin strip steak||½ pound|
|Salt||¼ + ¼ teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper to taste|
|Garlic clove, thinly sliced||1|
|Wild mushrooms (eg, crimini or shiitake), cleaned and sliced||6 ounces|
|Low-sodium beef broth||8 ounces|
|2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with 4 teaspoons water|
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and oil. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper to taste over beef, and then add to the skillet; cook for about 1 minute on each side, until nicely browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet. Add garlic and cook until just fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add mushrooms and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon of salt. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, until mushrooms are soft.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add the broth and cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Return beef to pan and cook for about 3-5 minutes per side, depending on desired degree of doneness.
- Slice beef and serve with mushroom sauce over the pasta.
4 lean meats; 2.5 starches; 2 fats; 1 vegetable
Side Suggestions: Butternut Squash Soup
Look for fresh, refrigerated version of this soup in your grocery store.
Side Suggestions: Zucchini
Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil over medium-high heat in a nonstick pan. Add 1 sliced zucchini, sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt and fresh pepper to taste. Sauté for 3-5 minutes, until soft and slightly browned.
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Saturated Fat||4.5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
Improving parent-adolescent sexual communication has been noted as one factor that could help to encourage adolescents to practice safer sex behavior. This study found that sexual communication with parents plays a small protective role in safer sex behavior among adolescents.
Celiac Disease May Increase the Risk of Bone Fractures
Music May Improve Sleep Quality in Adults with Insomnia
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea