|Bulgur wheat||½ cup|
|Chicken bouillon cube||½|
|Olive oil||1 teaspoon|
|Scallion, thinly sliced||1|
|Raisins, or other dried fruit||2 tablespoons|
|Walnuts, or other nuts, chopped||2 tablespoons|
|Chicken breast filets||2 (6-ounce)|
|Ground black pepper||1/8 teaspoon|
|Dried rosemary||½ teaspoon|
- Cook ½ cup bulgur according to package directions, but add ½ of a chicken bouillon cube for flavor.
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add scallion and cook for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the raisins, nuts, and bulgur and set aside.
- Place chicken between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound using a mallet or your hands until chicken is about ½ inch thick. Sprinkle with the salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- Heat butter over medium-high heat in a medium to large-sized skillet. Add chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes; flip, cover with a lid, and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Squeeze the orange over the chicken and serve over the bulgur.
5 very lean meats; 2 starches; 2.5 fats; ½ fruit
Mixed Green Salad
Toss a bag of mixed greens with your favorite salad veggies and dressing.
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||9.5 g|
Many medical groups felt that early exposure to certain foods like peanuts increased a child's risk of developing food allergies. However, newer research including this trial suggest that early exposure may actually decrease the risk of developing food allergies.
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children
Research Review Finds Little Support for Nearly Half of Medical Talk Show Recommendations