|Boneless, skinless chicken breast||¾ pound|
|Canola oil||2 teaspoons|
|Garlic clove, minced||1|
|Yellow onion, coarsely chopped||½|
|Large tomato, seeded and coarsely chopped||1|
|Chili powder||1 teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper to taste|
|Reduced-sodium chicken stock||1 cup|
|Corn tortillas||8 (5-inch)|
|Reduced-fat shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese||½ cup|
|Reduced-fat sour cream||¼ cup|
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Fill a large pot 2/3 of the way full with water. Boil chicken until tender, about 20 minutes. Let chicken cool and shred by hand. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook 2-3 minutes, until tender. Stir in tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper, and continue cooking 5 minutes.
- Let mixture cool slightly, then blend in a blender or food processor, drizzling in chicken stock until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour half of sauce over chicken and set the other half aside.
- Over medium-low heat in a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, add tortillas, one at a time, until they are soft, about 5 seconds on each side.
- Fill each tortilla with a heaping tablespoon of chicken mixture, roll tightly, and place snugly next to each other, seam side down, in a 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas, making sure to cover all of tortillas, and sprinkle with cheese. Bake about 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and enchiladas are heated through.
- Top with sour cream and salsa and serve.
3 very lean meats; 1 starch
Side Suggestions: Spanish rice
Side Suggestions: Fat-free Refried Beans
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
A randomized trial found that fecal microbiota transplantation had a higher rate of remission in patients with active ulcerative colitis than those who recieved placebo. Fecal transplantation is believed to help the intestine develop a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut which can help the intestine recover and function more effectively.
Chewing Gum After Surgery May Improve Digestive Tract Recovery