|Wild salmon, drained||1 (6-ounce) can|
|Large egg, beaten||1|
|Celery stalk , finely diced||½|
|Fresh chives, chopped||2 + 1 tablespoons|
|Fresh parsley, chopped||1 tablespoon|
|Plain bread crumbs||1/2 cup|
|Freshly ground pepper to taste|
|Olive oil||1 teaspoon|
|Lemon, cut into wedges||½ + juice of ¼ lemon|
|Light mayonnaise||2 tablespoons|
|Reduced-fat sour cream||2 tablespoons|
- Preheat oven to 450˚F.
- In a medium bowl, flake salmon with a fork. Add egg, celery, 2 tablespoons chives, parsley, breadcrumbs, and pepper, and mix well. Use hands to form into 4 small patties.
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet and add salmon cakes. Cook over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side, until lightly browned.
- Transfer patties to a nonstick baking sheet and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by combining the mayonnaise, sour cream, remaining chives, and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Serve salmon cakes with sauce and lemon wedges.
3 lean meats; 0.5 medium-fat meats; 1.5 starches; 1 fat
Side Suggestions: Mixed Green Salad
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Saturated Fat||4.5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Exercise during pregnancy has been associated with many benefits for mom and baby. This review supports the trend and finds that even one day of purposeful activity per week may reduce the need for cesarean birth.
Maternal Caffeine Intake May Be Associated with Low Birth Weight
Prevent Eczema in Kids with a Daily Dose of Moisturizer
Broccoli Sprout Compound Associated with Reduction in Autism Symptoms