|Wild salmon, drained||1 (6-ounce) can|
|Large egg, beaten||1|
|Celery stalk , finely diced||½|
|Fresh chives, chopped||2 + 1 tablespoons|
|Fresh parsley, chopped||1 tablespoon|
|Plain bread crumbs||1/2 cup|
|Freshly ground pepper to taste|
|Olive oil||1 teaspoon|
|Lemon, cut into wedges||½ + juice of ¼ lemon|
|Light mayonnaise||2 tablespoons|
|Reduced-fat sour cream||2 tablespoons|
- Preheat oven to 450˚F.
- In a medium bowl, flake salmon with a fork. Add egg, celery, 2 tablespoons chives, parsley, breadcrumbs, and pepper, and mix well. Use hands to form into 4 small patties.
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet and add salmon cakes. Cook over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side, until lightly browned.
- Transfer patties to a nonstick baking sheet and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by combining the mayonnaise, sour cream, remaining chives, and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Serve salmon cakes with sauce and lemon wedges.
3 lean meats; 0.5 medium-fat meats; 1.5 starches; 1 fat
Side Suggestions: Mixed Green Salad
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Saturated Fat||4.5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Improving parent-adolescent sexual communication has been noted as one factor that could help to encourage adolescents to practice safer sex behavior. This study found that sexual communication with parents plays a small protective role in safer sex behavior among adolescents.
Celiac Disease May Increase the Risk of Bone Fractures
Music May Improve Sleep Quality in Adults with Insomnia
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea