|Wild salmon, drained||1 (6-ounce) can|
|Large egg, beaten||1|
|Celery stalk , finely diced||½|
|Fresh chives, chopped||2 + 1 tablespoons|
|Fresh parsley, chopped||1 tablespoon|
|Plain bread crumbs||1/2 cup|
|Freshly ground pepper to taste|
|Olive oil||1 teaspoon|
|Lemon, cut into wedges||½ + juice of ¼ lemon|
|Light mayonnaise||2 tablespoons|
|Reduced-fat sour cream||2 tablespoons|
- Preheat oven to 450˚F.
- In a medium bowl, flake salmon with a fork. Add egg, celery, 2 tablespoons chives, parsley, breadcrumbs, and pepper, and mix well. Use hands to form into 4 small patties.
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet and add salmon cakes. Cook over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side, until lightly browned.
- Transfer patties to a nonstick baking sheet and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by combining the mayonnaise, sour cream, remaining chives, and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Serve salmon cakes with sauce and lemon wedges.
3 lean meats; 0.5 medium-fat meats; 1.5 starches; 1 fat
Side Suggestions: Mixed Green Salad
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Saturated Fat||4.5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children