|Wild salmon, drained||1 (6-ounce) can|
|Large egg, beaten||1|
|Celery stalk , finely diced||½|
|Fresh chives, chopped||2 + 1 tablespoons|
|Fresh parsley, chopped||1 tablespoon|
|Plain bread crumbs||1/2 cup|
|Freshly ground pepper to taste|
|Olive oil||1 teaspoon|
|Lemon, cut into wedges||½ + juice of ¼ lemon|
|Light mayonnaise||2 tablespoons|
|Reduced-fat sour cream||2 tablespoons|
- Preheat oven to 450˚F.
- In a medium bowl, flake salmon with a fork. Add egg, celery, 2 tablespoons chives, parsley, breadcrumbs, and pepper, and mix well. Use hands to form into 4 small patties.
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet and add salmon cakes. Cook over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side, until lightly browned.
- Transfer patties to a nonstick baking sheet and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by combining the mayonnaise, sour cream, remaining chives, and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Serve salmon cakes with sauce and lemon wedges.
3 lean meats; 0.5 medium-fat meats; 1.5 starches; 1 fat
Side Suggestions: Mixed Green Salad
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Saturated Fat||4.5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Insomnia can make your days miserable and a cure can be hard to find. There are some medications but there is some worry with side effects and the potential for addiction. Music is side effect free and according to this study may help you find sleep.
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Water Before Meals May Promote Weight Loss
Fecal Transplants Induce Ulcerative Colitis Remission