|Fresh thyme||1½ teaspoons (or ¾ teaspoon dried)|
|Freshly ground pepper to taste|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 teaspoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 +2 teaspoons|
|Olive oil||4 + 2 teaspoons|
|Boneless, skinless chicken breast||½ pound|
|Heart of romaine lettuce, sliced||½|
|Medium tomato, sliced into wedges||1|
|Red onion, sliced||¼|
|Crumbled Feta||1/3 cup|
|Kalmata olives, pitted||¼ cup|
|Plain low-fat yogurt||¼ cup|
|Garlic clove, minced||½|
|Cucumber, diced||¼ cup|
|Dash of salt|
- Combine thyme, pepper, balsamic vinegar, and 2 teaspoons lemon juice in a small bowl. Add 4 teaspoons olive oil and whisk until incorporated.
- Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag and add half of the dressing (about 1 tablespoon). Toss to coat and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Combine lettuce, tomatoes, onion, Feta, and olives in a medium bowl. Toss with the remaining dressing.
- Combine yogurt, garlic, cucumber, remaining lemon juice, and salt in a small bowl.
- Prepare an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan. Remove chicken from marinade and grill for 6-8 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Let rest for 5 minutes and then slice into thin strips.
- Grill pita breads for about 1 minute on each side, until warmed.
- Spread yogurt sauce over pita bread. Top with the chicken and salad.
3.5 very lean meats; 1 medium-fat meat substitute; 2 fats; 2.5 starches; 1 vegetable.
Side Suggestions: Hummus and Pita Bread
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3.5 g|
Improving parent-adolescent sexual communication has been noted as one factor that could help to encourage adolescents to practice safer sex behavior. This study found that sexual communication with parents plays a small protective role in safer sex behavior among adolescents.
Celiac Disease May Increase the Risk of Bone Fractures
Music May Improve Sleep Quality in Adults with Insomnia
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea