|Fresh thyme||1½ teaspoons (or ¾ teaspoon dried)|
|Freshly ground pepper to taste|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 teaspoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 +2 teaspoons|
|Olive oil||4 + 2 teaspoons|
|Boneless, skinless chicken breast||½ pound|
|Heart of romaine lettuce, sliced||½|
|Medium tomato, sliced into wedges||1|
|Red onion, sliced||¼|
|Crumbled Feta||1/3 cup|
|Kalmata olives, pitted||¼ cup|
|Plain low-fat yogurt||¼ cup|
|Garlic clove, minced||½|
|Cucumber, diced||¼ cup|
|Dash of salt|
- Combine thyme, pepper, balsamic vinegar, and 2 teaspoons lemon juice in a small bowl. Add 4 teaspoons olive oil and whisk until incorporated.
- Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag and add half of the dressing (about 1 tablespoon). Toss to coat and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Combine lettuce, tomatoes, onion, Feta, and olives in a medium bowl. Toss with the remaining dressing.
- Combine yogurt, garlic, cucumber, remaining lemon juice, and salt in a small bowl.
- Prepare an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan. Remove chicken from marinade and grill for 6-8 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Let rest for 5 minutes and then slice into thin strips.
- Grill pita breads for about 1 minute on each side, until warmed.
- Spread yogurt sauce over pita bread. Top with the chicken and salad.
3.5 very lean meats; 1 medium-fat meat substitute; 2 fats; 2.5 starches; 1 vegetable.
Side Suggestions: Hummus and Pita Bread
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3.5 g|
Exercise during pregnancy has been associated with many benefits for mom and baby. This review supports the trend and finds that even one day of purposeful activity per week may reduce the need for cesarean birth.
Maternal Caffeine Intake May Be Associated with Low Birth Weight
Prevent Eczema in Kids with a Daily Dose of Moisturizer
Broccoli Sprout Compound Associated with Reduction in Autism Symptoms