|Reduced-fat sour cream||¼ cup|
|Avocado, mashed into a paste with a fork||¼|
|Salt||1/8 + 1/8 teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 teaspoon|
|Onion powder||½ teaspoon|
|White onion, cut into ½-inch strips||½|
|Red bell pepper, cut into ½-inch strips||½|
|Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into ¾-inch chunks||2|
|Canola oil||2 teaspoons|
|Corn tortillas (6-inch)||4|
|Juice of ½ lime|
|Cilantro, chopped||2 tablespoons|
- Mix together sour cream, avocado paste, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- Combine chili powder, cumin, onion powder, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a small bowl.
- In a large plastic resealable bag, combine spice mixture, onion, bell pepper, and chicken. Toss well to coat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and vegetable mixture, and sauté about 7-9 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Drizzle with lime juice.
- Meanwhile in a small skillet coated with cooking spray, heat tortillas about 30 seconds on each side, recoating pan with spray between tortillas.
- Arrange chicken mixture on tortillas and drizzle with avocado cream sauce.
3 very lean meats; 2.5 fats; 2 starches; 0.5 vegetable
Side Suggestions: Fresh Salsa
Combine 1 small diced tomato, ¼ diced avocado, ½ minced jalapeno (optional), 1 tablespoon diced red onion, 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice, 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro, and ¼ teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Let sit for a few minutes and serve with tacos. Nutrition Info (for ½ of recipe): 59 calories; 6 g carbohydrate; 1 g protein; 4 g fat (0.5 g sat); 2 g fiber; 299 mg sodium. Exchanges: 1 vegetable; 1 fat.
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4.5 g|
A randomized trial found that drinking water before main meals led to higher weight loss than those who were asked to imagine a full stomach before main meals. Water preloading is believed to help create a feeling of fullness or satiety during the meal, which may help curb overeating.
Fecal Transplants Induce Ulcerative Colitis Remission
Exercise Associated with Healthy Baby Weight
Mindful Meditation May Reduce Symptoms and Complications of Insomnia