|Reduced-fat sour cream||¼ cup|
|Avocado, mashed into a paste with a fork||¼|
|Salt||1/8 + 1/8 teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 teaspoon|
|Onion powder||½ teaspoon|
|White onion, cut into ½-inch strips||½|
|Red bell pepper, cut into ½-inch strips||½|
|Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into ¾-inch chunks||2|
|Canola oil||2 teaspoons|
|Corn tortillas (6-inch)||4|
|Juice of ½ lime|
|Cilantro, chopped||2 tablespoons|
- Mix together sour cream, avocado paste, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- Combine chili powder, cumin, onion powder, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a small bowl.
- In a large plastic resealable bag, combine spice mixture, onion, bell pepper, and chicken. Toss well to coat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and vegetable mixture, and sauté about 7-9 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Drizzle with lime juice.
- Meanwhile in a small skillet coated with cooking spray, heat tortillas about 30 seconds on each side, recoating pan with spray between tortillas.
- Arrange chicken mixture on tortillas and drizzle with avocado cream sauce.
3 very lean meats; 2.5 fats; 2 starches; 0.5 vegetable
Side Suggestions: Fresh Salsa
Combine 1 small diced tomato, ¼ diced avocado, ½ minced jalapeno (optional), 1 tablespoon diced red onion, 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice, 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro, and ¼ teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Let sit for a few minutes and serve with tacos. Nutrition Info (for ½ of recipe): 59 calories; 6 g carbohydrate; 1 g protein; 4 g fat (0.5 g sat); 2 g fiber; 299 mg sodium. Exchanges: 1 vegetable; 1 fat.
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4.5 g|
Obesity is associated with a complex combination of factors but the earliest feeding habits may play a role in childhood obesity. A review of studies across several countries found that breastfeeding may decrease the risk of obesity in childhood.
Research Review Finds Little Support for Nearly Half of Medical Talk Show Recommendations
Strength Training, Tai Chi, and Aerobics May Improve Balance in People With Knee Osteoarthritis