|Reduced-sodium soy sauce||2 teaspoons + 1 tablespoon|
|Sugar||¼ + 1 teaspoon|
|Salt||1/8 + 1/8 teaspoon|
|Boneless sirloin steak, visible fat trimmed and cut into ¼-inch thin strips||½ pound|
|Water||¼ + ¼ cup|
|Ground ginger||¼ teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1 teaspoon|
|Canola oil||2 teaspoons|
|Garlic clove, minced||1|
|Broccoli flowerets||2 cups|
- Combine 2 teaspoons soy sauce, ¼ teaspoon sugar, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and beef strips in a plastic resealable bag. Toss to coat and let marinate for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in 1 tablespoon soy sauce, then stir in ¼ cup water, sesame oil, ginger, and 1 teaspoon sugar. Set sauce aside.
- Heat canola in a large wok or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and beef to pan and stir-fry 1-2 minutes, until beef is browned, then remove beef with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add broccoli to pan and stir-fry 1 minute. Then add ¼ cup of water, cover, and steam about 2 minutes, until broccoli is tender-crisp.
- Stir sauce, then add sauce and beef to the pan and cook 1-2 minutes, until sauce has thickened and beef is heated through. Remove from heat and serve with rice.
3 lean meats; 1.5 fats; 1 vegetable
Side Suggestions: White Long-grain Rice
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
A randomized trial found that fecal microbiota transplantation had a higher rate of remission in patients with active ulcerative colitis than those who recieved placebo. Fecal transplantation is believed to help the intestine develop a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut which can help the intestine recover and function more effectively.
Exercise Associated with Healthy Baby Weight
Mindful Meditation May Reduce Symptoms and Complications of Insomnia
Chewing Gum After Surgery May Improve Digestive Tract Recovery