|Reduced-sodium soy sauce||2 teaspoons + 1 tablespoon|
|Sugar||¼ + 1 teaspoon|
|Salt||1/8 + 1/8 teaspoon|
|Boneless sirloin steak, visible fat trimmed and cut into ¼-inch thin strips||½ pound|
|Water||¼ + ¼ cup|
|Ground ginger||¼ teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1 teaspoon|
|Canola oil||2 teaspoons|
|Garlic clove, minced||1|
|Broccoli flowerets||2 cups|
- Combine 2 teaspoons soy sauce, ¼ teaspoon sugar, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and beef strips in a plastic resealable bag. Toss to coat and let marinate for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in 1 tablespoon soy sauce, then stir in ¼ cup water, sesame oil, ginger, and 1 teaspoon sugar. Set sauce aside.
- Heat canola in a large wok or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and beef to pan and stir-fry 1-2 minutes, until beef is browned, then remove beef with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add broccoli to pan and stir-fry 1 minute. Then add ¼ cup of water, cover, and steam about 2 minutes, until broccoli is tender-crisp.
- Stir sauce, then add sauce and beef to the pan and cook 1-2 minutes, until sauce has thickened and beef is heated through. Remove from heat and serve with rice.
3 lean meats; 1.5 fats; 1 vegetable
Side Suggestions: White Long-grain Rice
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
Exercise during pregnancy has been associated with many benefits for mom and baby. This review supports the trend and finds that even one day of purposeful activity per week may reduce the need for cesarean birth.
Maternal Caffeine Intake May Be Associated with Low Birth Weight
Prevent Eczema in Kids with a Daily Dose of Moisturizer
Broccoli Sprout Compound Associated with Reduction in Autism Symptoms