|Reduced-sodium soy sauce||2 teaspoons + 1 tablespoon|
|Sugar||¼ + 1 teaspoon|
|Salt||1/8 + 1/8 teaspoon|
|Boneless sirloin steak, visible fat trimmed and cut into ¼-inch thin strips||½ pound|
|Water||¼ + ¼ cup|
|Ground ginger||¼ teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1 teaspoon|
|Canola oil||2 teaspoons|
|Garlic clove, minced||1|
|Broccoli flowerets||2 cups|
- Combine 2 teaspoons soy sauce, ¼ teaspoon sugar, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and beef strips in a plastic resealable bag. Toss to coat and let marinate for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in 1 tablespoon soy sauce, then stir in ¼ cup water, sesame oil, ginger, and 1 teaspoon sugar. Set sauce aside.
- Heat canola in a large wok or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and beef to pan and stir-fry 1-2 minutes, until beef is browned, then remove beef with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add broccoli to pan and stir-fry 1 minute. Then add ¼ cup of water, cover, and steam about 2 minutes, until broccoli is tender-crisp.
- Stir sauce, then add sauce and beef to the pan and cook 1-2 minutes, until sauce has thickened and beef is heated through. Remove from heat and serve with rice.
3 lean meats; 1.5 fats; 1 vegetable
Side Suggestions: White Long-grain Rice
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children