|Whole wheat bread, sliced into ½-inch cubes||3 slices|
|Olive oil||2 + 2 teaspoons|
|Garlic cloves, minced||1 + 1|
|Parmesan cheese, grated||1 + 1 tablespoon|
|Chicken cutlets||6 ounces|
|Freshly ground pepper to taste|
|Juice of ½ lemon|
|Low-fat mayonnaise||2 tablespoons|
|Worcestershire sauce||¼ teaspoon|
|Anchovy fillet, chopped (optional)||1|
|Romaine lettuce, washed, cut into ribbons, and dried||1 head|
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- In a small bowl, toss together bread cubes, 2 teaspoons olive oil, garlic, and 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese. Distribute croutons onto a baking sheet and bake in the oven, tossing occasionally, for about 10 minutes, until golden. Remove and let cool.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Season chicken with the salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until lightly browned and cooked through. Remove from skillet and set aside. Once chicken has cooled off a bit, slice into strips.
- In a blender, combine lemon juice, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, anchovy fillet, and remaining garlic and Parmesan cheese. Process until smooth.
- Toss together lettuce and dressing and distribute onto plates. Top each plate with chicken and croutons.
3 very lean meats; 3 fats; 1.5 starches; 1 vegetable
Side Suggestions: Whole Wheat Baguette
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
A randomized trial found that fecal microbiota transplantation had a higher rate of remission in patients with active ulcerative colitis than those who recieved placebo. Fecal transplantation is believed to help the intestine develop a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut which can help the intestine recover and function more effectively.
Exercise Associated with Healthy Baby Weight
Mindful Meditation May Reduce Symptoms and Complications of Insomnia
Chewing Gum After Surgery May Improve Digestive Tract Recovery