|Whole wheat bread, sliced into ½-inch cubes||3 slices|
|Olive oil||2 + 2 teaspoons|
|Garlic cloves, minced||1 + 1|
|Parmesan cheese, grated||1 + 1 tablespoon|
|Chicken cutlets||6 ounces|
|Freshly ground pepper to taste|
|Juice of ½ lemon|
|Low-fat mayonnaise||2 tablespoons|
|Worcestershire sauce||¼ teaspoon|
|Anchovy fillet, chopped (optional)||1|
|Romaine lettuce, washed, cut into ribbons, and dried||1 head|
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- In a small bowl, toss together bread cubes, 2 teaspoons olive oil, garlic, and 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese. Distribute croutons onto a baking sheet and bake in the oven, tossing occasionally, for about 10 minutes, until golden. Remove and let cool.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Season chicken with the salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until lightly browned and cooked through. Remove from skillet and set aside. Once chicken has cooled off a bit, slice into strips.
- In a blender, combine lemon juice, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, anchovy fillet, and remaining garlic and Parmesan cheese. Process until smooth.
- Toss together lettuce and dressing and distribute onto plates. Top each plate with chicken and croutons.
3 very lean meats; 3 fats; 1.5 starches; 1 vegetable
Side Suggestions: Whole Wheat Baguette
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children