Symptoms of Social Anxiety Disorder
- Excessive sweating
- Dry throat and mouth
- Muscle twitches
- Intense anxiety
- Rapid heart beat
- Being teased or criticized
- Being the center of attention
- Meeting new people
- Interacting with authority figures
- Interacting with members of the opposite sex
- Eating, writing, or speaking in public
- Using public toilets
- The specific or performance type—limited to only one type of situation, such as a fear of speaking in formal or informal situations, or eating or drinking in front of others.
- The most severe form (the generalized type of social anxiety disorder)—you may experience symptoms almost anytime you are around other people.
More from Beliefnet
A randomized trial found that fecal microbiota transplantation had a higher rate of remission in patients with active ulcerative colitis than those who recieved placebo. Fecal transplantation is believed to help the intestine develop a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut which can help the intestine recover and function more effectively.
Chewing Gum After Surgery May Improve Digestive Tract Recovery