Symptoms of Social Anxiety Disorder
- Excessive sweating
- Dry throat and mouth
- Muscle twitches
- Intense anxiety
- Rapid heart beat
- Being teased or criticized
- Being the center of attention
- Meeting new people
- Interacting with authority figures
- Interacting with members of the opposite sex
- Eating, writing, or speaking in public
- Using public toilets
- The specific or performance type—limited to only one type of situation, such as a fear of speaking in formal or informal situations, or eating or drinking in front of others.
- The most severe form (the generalized type of social anxiety disorder)—you may experience symptoms almost anytime you are around other people.
More from Beliefnet
Insomnia can make your days miserable and a cure can be hard to find. There are some medications but there is some worry with side effects and the potential for addiction. Music is side effect free and according to this study may help you find sleep.
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Water Before Meals May Promote Weight Loss
Fecal Transplants Induce Ulcerative Colitis Remission