|Low-fat, reduced-sodium chicken broth||1 32-ounce box|
|98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup||1 10.75-ounce can|
|Jalapeno, diced (optional)||½-1|
Black beans, drained
|Garlic clove, minced||1|
|Small white onion, chopped||1|
|Yellow bell pepper, chopped||1|
|Chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch cubes||2|
|Chili powder||½ tablespoon|
|Low-fat sour cream||2 tablespoons|
|Reduced-fat grated cheddar cheese||2 tablespoons|
|6-inch flour tortillas, cut into ½-inch strips||6|
- Add chicken broth, mushrooom soup, jalapeno, and black beans to a large crockpot (alternatively, you can use a large pot on the stove over medium-low heat).
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, sauté garlic, onion, and pepper for 2-3 minutes over medium-high heat. Add chicken, cumin, and chili powder, and continue cooking 3-4 minutes, until chicken is lightly browned on all sides. Transfer vegetable and chicken mixture to crockpot (or pot).
- Cook in crockpot for 3-4 hours on high (or simmer in a pot over low heat for 1-2 hours).
- Bake tortilla strips on a nonstick cookie sheet at 350°F for 10 minutes, or until crisp.
- Serve soup in bowls over tortilla strips, topping each with ½ tablespoon sour cream, ½ tablespoon cheese, ½ tablespoon salsa, and a slice of lime.
3 very lean meats/substitutes; 1 vegetable; 1 starch; 1.5 fat
Side Suggestions: Quesadilla Dippers
Place a tortilla on skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Top with 1/3 cup reduced-fat grated cheddar cheese, fold over, and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes per side, until cheese melts. Repeat. Cut each tortilla into 4 wedges, and serve with soup. Nutrition Info (for 2 wedges): 81 calories; 9 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 2 g fat (1 g sat); 0.5 g fiber; 186 mg sodium. Exchanges: ½ carbohydrate; ½ lean meat substitute.
|Serving Size||1/6 of recipe|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||9 g|
Insomnia can make your days miserable and a cure can be hard to find. There are some medications but there is some worry with side effects and the potential for addiction. Music is side effect free and according to this study may help you find sleep.
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Water Before Meals May Promote Weight Loss
Fecal Transplants Induce Ulcerative Colitis Remission