|Low-fat, reduced-sodium chicken broth||1 32-ounce box|
|98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup||1 10.75-ounce can|
|Jalapeno, diced (optional)||½-1|
Black beans, drained
|Garlic clove, minced||1|
|Small white onion, chopped||1|
|Yellow bell pepper, chopped||1|
|Chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch cubes||2|
|Chili powder||½ tablespoon|
|Low-fat sour cream||2 tablespoons|
|Reduced-fat grated cheddar cheese||2 tablespoons|
|6-inch flour tortillas, cut into ½-inch strips||6|
- Add chicken broth, mushrooom soup, jalapeno, and black beans to a large crockpot (alternatively, you can use a large pot on the stove over medium-low heat).
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, sauté garlic, onion, and pepper for 2-3 minutes over medium-high heat. Add chicken, cumin, and chili powder, and continue cooking 3-4 minutes, until chicken is lightly browned on all sides. Transfer vegetable and chicken mixture to crockpot (or pot).
- Cook in crockpot for 3-4 hours on high (or simmer in a pot over low heat for 1-2 hours).
- Bake tortilla strips on a nonstick cookie sheet at 350°F for 10 minutes, or until crisp.
- Serve soup in bowls over tortilla strips, topping each with ½ tablespoon sour cream, ½ tablespoon cheese, ½ tablespoon salsa, and a slice of lime.
3 very lean meats/substitutes; 1 vegetable; 1 starch; 1.5 fat
Side Suggestions: Quesadilla Dippers
Place a tortilla on skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Top with 1/3 cup reduced-fat grated cheddar cheese, fold over, and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes per side, until cheese melts. Repeat. Cut each tortilla into 4 wedges, and serve with soup. Nutrition Info (for 2 wedges): 81 calories; 9 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 2 g fat (1 g sat); 0.5 g fiber; 186 mg sodium. Exchanges: ½ carbohydrate; ½ lean meat substitute.
|Serving Size||1/6 of recipe|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||9 g|
Improving parent-adolescent sexual communication has been noted as one factor that could help to encourage adolescents to practice safer sex behavior. This study found that sexual communication with parents plays a small protective role in safer sex behavior among adolescents.
Celiac Disease May Increase the Risk of Bone Fractures
Music May Improve Sleep Quality in Adults with Insomnia
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea